Job and Volunteer Opportunities
Seeking Summer 2019 Intern
The Healing Garden is seeking an administrative intern (unpaid) for the summer to support our Development and Marketing offices. Intern should be skilled in social media, videography and website design/updating. Age 17+, 1-2 days per week (flexible). Work with a caring community of people whose mission is to support those with cancer, their families, and caregivers.
To inquire, email cover letter and resume to Maddie Phadke at maddie@healinggardensuppor
Concert Coordinator for “Concerts at the Garden” Series (Volunteer)
The Virginia Thurston Healing Garden Cancer Support Center offers monthly public concerts at our facility located in beautiful Harvard, MA. Each concert is held on the third Sunday of the month from 3:00-5:00 pm from September-June. These concerts are soft fundraising efforts that support education and services for those affected by cancer.
We are seeking a volunteer to help organize and run the concert series from September-June annually, recruiting and booking volunteer musicians/groups/performers of all kinds. After an initial meeting all work may be performed remotely except for attending and facilitating the monthly concerts on site. Approx. 6-10 hours per month.
Our Concert Coordinator will:
- Work with our partners to obtain pre-existing contact lists of performers (*all performers donate their time as volunteers)
- Reach out and recruit new performers!
- Maintain a calendar of events from Sept-June
- Maintain/update contact lists
- Obtain photos/bios, etc. for each performer to support marketing efforts and for website
- Attend and host each monthly concert (*set up a refreshment table, arrange seating, man check-in desk, break-down after concert)
- Recruit additional day-of volunteers as needed
- Follow up with each performer to secure dates, send thank-you notes
Seeking a mission-oriented volunteer who understands the power of music for healing. Basic computer skills required and a willingness to contact and recruit local and regional performers. Existing contacts with performers is a bonus but not required.
How To Apply:
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to Maddie Phadke, Director of Development, email@example.com
Support The Healing Garden
We rely entirely on voluntary donations from people like you who are invested in helping those affected by cancer.
Your thoughtful philanthropic support of The Healing Garden enables us to maintain, broaden, and enhance our program offerings and services.